Monday, August 1

5 months. . .

It is hard to believe that it has been 5 months since my hysterectomy. It has been 5 months of trust, faith, hardship, sorrow, joy, and so many other emotions that I did not expect. . .

Here is a recap of all that has happened:
  • Thursday, March 3, 2011 @ 0730: my surgery
  • Saturday, March 5, 2011: I received my first ever blood transfusion, but not because of the surgery. . .
  • Tuesday, March 8, 2011 @ 1800: I come home. . . only 4 days late!
  • Monday, March 14, 2011: My First 'Bad' Day where I learned that I was not ready for anything!
  • Thursday, March 17: 2 weeks post-op and I finished my Lovenox Injections!
  • Wednesday, March 23: Seriously, I can't pee!?!?!?
  • Friday, March 25: Meet with the urologist and am drilled about why I had to have a hysterectomy at 28. . . a very hard/emotional day and I still have a catheter. . .
  • Saturday, March 26: I CAN PEE!!!!!!
  • Tuesday, March 29: BIG Slide in the wrong direction. . .
  • Wednesday, March 30: 4 Weeks Post-Op doctor appointment. . .
  • Friday, April 1: 3 simple letters --- PMS!
  • Monday, April 4: A few complications, but I got the okay to travel to MS for my sister's wedding!
  • Tuesday, April 12: Back to the urologist because I am having trouble peeing again. . .
  • Wednesday, April 13: 6 weeks out and back to pajamas. . .
  • Monday, April 18: The pain was increasing with any and all activity. . . Really wondering if this will ever end. . .
  • Saturday, April 23: Oh, the crying just does not stop!
  • Tuesday, April 26: The ever so dreaded 'are you pregnant?'
  • Saturday, April 30: GEEZ ~ My hormones are worse now then they were during pregnancy!
  • Sunday, May 1: I was diagnosed with Illioinguinal Neurologia and underwent a nerve block. . . it helped. . .for a bit!
  • Tuesday, May 3: 2 months out. . . WOW. . . I never thought this day would come!
  • Monday, May 16: Intense pain and bleeding send me to the ER. After a few hours, I was sent home on 'bed rest'
  • Tuesday, May 24: 12 weeks out. . . plus a list of "I wish I had known's"
  • Tuesday, May 31: 3 months out. . . there is no way I could have made it this far without my husband and best friend. . .
  • Tuesday, June 7: My first visit with the chiropractor. . . and it hurt!
  • Monday, June 20: I made an appointment with a top notch pain med doc. . . August 8 will not be here soon enough. . . AND, I want to teach NFP!!!
  • Friday, June 24: The chiropractor was causing more pain then comfort, so the mutual decision was made to stop going. . . very mixed emotions to this. . .
  • Thursday, July 28: One year ago today, I had the first *serious* conversation about a hysterectomy. . .
  • Wednesday, August 3: Well, 5 months ago today I lost a part of me. 5 months ago today, I forever changed. 5 months ago today, I said farewell to the first bed that all of my children have ever known. 5 months ago today, I became a stronger woman. A stronger mother. A stronger wife. 5 months ago. . .
I never thought that this journey would be what it has become. I thought that I had my age in my favor, that this would be a simple surgery and then a simple recovery, but like everything else that has occurred these past 2 years, I was wrong. But in the process of everything falling apart, I have learned and grown SO much. I have rekindled old friendships and made new ones. I have redefined my role as wife and mom, sister and daughter. These past 5 months have been hard, but if I had to do it again, I would not change anything. . .

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like the Lord in blessing you with a sense of peace for the journey you have been on. I will continue to pray for you that you will continue to heal and are able to serve those around you like I know you want to.

    ReplyDelete