Monday, April 4

The Slippery Slope. . .

As we prepare for a long car ride soon, I am beginning to realize just how hard this recovery is. I can make great improvements one day and then I pay for it in the days to come. I try to take it easy, but I guess that my idea of "taking it easy" and my body's differ drastically. . .

So, it made perfect sense when the pain and muscle spasms were becoming more intense on a daily basis towards the weeks end. Yesterday, things became so intense, that I actually called the on call doctor. Then today, it was back with a vengeance and I also began to bleed. . . I called my doc again to get his take on things. I knew that the odds were in my favor that this is just healing, but you can never be to sure. . .

The conversation was very straightforward. I told him how I was feeling, and he expressed what he was thinking. At first, he tried to tell me to stay home to which I, ever so politely, told him that the only that I would stay put, is if he admitted me to the hospital! After looking things over for a few minutes, he called me back. This time, he again gave his permission for the trip. With this permission, however, came MANY restrictions. I am having to follow the strict instructions that were present in weeks 1 - 2, rest as much as possible, get out and walk every 1-2 hours while driving to stretch my belly, and if the pain becomes severe and/or I begin to bleed again, I am to call him and then proceed to the ER.

All in all, I am grateful that I have his permission. . . It will not be an easy trip, but I now know what I need to do. There is a plan in place for the what-if's and other troubling scenarios, which greatly helps with my anxiety. Plus we are headed home and when you are not feeling well, regardless of age, your home is where you want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment