Friday, June 24

So Long Chiropractor. . .

Well, after giving it all I had, the decision has been made to end the chiropractor sessions. It was a hard one to make as I so desperately wanted this very non-invasive treatment to work. But, with my pain intensifying with each treatment, we all felt that it was not helping. . .

I am not thrilled about this at all. It leaves me once again discouraged that maybe dealing with the pain will become my new normal. That dealing with this pain will become my life. I do not want that. If this is my path in life, so be it, but there has to be something that can ease it. Something that will allow me to do what I need to do without the intense pain. Like I have said before, something has got to give. . .

So, this now leaves 3 docs since the surgery, that have thrown their hands up and said they do not know. They all agree that it is the illioinguinal nerve and that the nerve needs to be treated, but all of the non-invasive techniques they have tried have failed. All 3 have told me that the doc at U and F is an 'expert' and have sent him my charts/records, but we shall see. . .

I am trying to trust that this is His plan, but honestly, I am having a hard time with that right now. I know that our God is incredible. I know that He loves us beyond what we can dream of. I know that he will never give us more than we can handle, but I have to ask why. Why the pain. I am beginning to understand the surgery, but why this?

Once again, I find myself turning to Saints Cosmos and Damian and Saint Gianna Beretta Molla. They are all great sources of comfort for me. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment