Sunday, May 1

Well. . .

Well, the nerve blocked worked. Notice the past tense? I am back in a lot of pain. . .

Friday, I felt the best I have since the surgery and as a result, I overdid it. Totally overdid it. (My kiddos had their first ever camp out, so I put the tent up in the backyard. It was not hard to assemble, but hindsight is always 20/20 and I so deaperately want to be able to do everything that I once was. . . )So, I was not surprised when I was hurting a good bit Friday evening and then again Saturday and Sunday all day. Well, here we are Sunday evening, and I am hurting WORSE today then I was then, and it is the same pain. . .

I guess that the good news/bad news is that I know what the pain is. I know how to get relief, I just do not know how to keep the relief. I return to my pain doctor in a week, and I will address this with him at that point, as well as the left illioinguinal nerve area. . .

I am very grateful that I had nearly 96 hours of relief. The relief showed me what it is like to be human again. What it is like to feel like a wife and mother without laying on the couch under my heating pad like I have done for 8 weeks now. . . I actually really got dressed everyday, and not just in sweats! I feel that this will be a week of "bum" clothes and rest, and I am somewhat okay with that now. I know that there is light at the end of this tunnel although I am having trouble seeing it again right now. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment