Saturday, March 26

HUGE Step in the right direction. . . (lots of info!)

Well, I woke up this morning with incredible bladder spasms. The pain was indescribable, except to say that it was going to send me to the ER if it did not improve. Also, in the bag was a lot of blood ~ Praise God I was not on my blood thinners anymore! So, on a whim, I decided to take out the foley catheter and give me body a break. If it meant I end up in the ER in a few hours for another, so be it. All I knew was right then, my tired body needed a break. The cath had been in place for nearly 80 hours and was supposed to be in for another 48. . . So, I cut the balloon and the sterile saline spilled all over my bathroom floor and I removed the tube. I sat there for a bit not knowing whether I was stupid for doing this or brave! I drank 2 bottles of water and waited and then it happened. . . I peed! Now, I just pray that this continues and there are no steps backwards. For now, we celebrate and are praising God! :-)

1 comment: