Wednesday, May 11

not so done with the surgeon. . .

I thought that I was discharged from my surgeon's care, but, go figure, I was wrong. . .

I had to return to him again today for a 'consult' as he wanted to see how the pain management was going. I also had some concerns about the cuff sutures not dissolving and other issues pertaining to my new body. We chatted for a bit and he prescribed a med (MetroGel) for the other issues. I will return to him in 4 months, sooner if more issues or concerns arise. Also, at that point, if the sutures are still in place, he will remove them.

So, I am nearly done with him, just not completely! This leaves my primary who I see every 4 weeks and my pain management doc that I see weekly in addition to the surgeon that is 4 months away. Praise God that the urologist has been taken off of the schedule and I have successfully weaned off of my smooth muscle relaxers with no problems!

Baby steps in the right direction! Baby steps to total wellness and freedom from the mass of doctors!

No comments:

Post a Comment