Tuesday, May 17

INSURANCE ~ UGH

This is merely a vent, so beware!

I go to the doc today to schedule the nerve surgery. My husband takes off work so he can hold my hand as we have the discussion of an 8th surgery in 26 months. We arrive and pay the co-pay, are called back and vitals taken, then wait. We go through the entire thing with the PA and she gives us all of the details of the upcoming surgery and then it happens. . . she looks up and sees our insurance carrier. She dismisses herself from the room while Robert and I sit there not knowing what is happening. When she returns, she informs us that our insurance does NOT cover this surgery. The one thing that we know WILL help, insurance does not cover. There is another riskier surgery, but the problem is finding a doc willing to perform it. . .

So, great, where do we go from here? We are going to go ahead and act like insurance will cover the original surgery. This means, I had had my pre-op appt today and we are going to submit it to insurance and just pray that it slips and gets approved. If they decline it, we will try and fight it. Also, while we are waiting, we are going to try and find a doc that will perform the other surgery. . .

I am devastated. We truly had put all of our faith and hope into this surgery and now that it might not happen is such a blow. I need relief from this pain. . .

1 comment: