Tuesday, March 22

More Complications. . .

I had my 19 day follow up today and it did not go as I had planned for my first post-op visit. . . I had this ideal, walk in, smile, wave, chit chat for a minute, and go home. . .

Instead, it was full of questions and problems. . . This past Sunday, I had a tremendous increase in pain and nausea. I called the on call doc and we set some guidelines about what was okay and what I needed to look for to go to the ER. Thankfully, after some pain and nausea meds and rest, I was feeling slightly better. Monday morning, I awoke with more then my normal pain. By the early afternoon, it was almost unbearable. I again called the doc, took some pain and nausea meds and rested. We decided to wait until my scheduled appointment this morning to address the issues. . .

So, fast forward to my 8:40 am appointment. After taking my vitals and a chat with the nurse, my doctor came in. We spoke about all that was going on and he decided that an exam was needed. After that took place, he proceeded to do a few in office labs and sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound and more labs. He also gave me some different medicines for the nausea and pain to try and get adequate control of both. . .

To say that I am upset is an understatement. I have never needed pain meds 19 days post op. I have never had a situation where I was fine for over a week, and then required meds again. I have never felt like I am sliding backwards as strongly as I do now. . .

I am praying that all of the tests reveal nothing. I am praying that I can begin the upward trend very soon. I pray for this journey to end sooner rather than later as my body and mind are truly exhausted. . .

1 comment: