Wednesday, March 2

2 Years Ago. . .

March 2, 2009, I went to the doctor for the first of my 3 weekly non stress tests. As soon as the nurse attached the monitors and left the room, the contractions began. Seeing as I was not supposed to have the baby for many more weeks, I thought they were nothing. She came back after 15 minutes and saw the strip. She then called for the doc and after this things went crazy. I was transferred to the hospital. Administered drugs to try and stop the contractions. Given fluids. Had sonograms to check on the baby. Had consults with the high risk group. Finally, when the labor would not stop, the decision was made to deliver asap given my history of placental abruptions. Things happened SO fast. I was wheeled into the OR and administered a spinal. Before I knew it my husband was at my side and I was sobbing. It was only minutes before they announced that the baby was a boy! And then, there was no cry. My husband ran over to be at his side and they all ran to the NICU where he was intubated. They finished my surgery and brought me to the recovery room. The neonatologist came in and told us that the baby was sick. very sick. . .

March 2, 2009 was a day I will never forget. It would a very long and hard 36 hours before I was able to see my precious baby and touch him with 1 finger ~ NO stroking.

March 2, 2009, was the start of a long hard road, mentally and physically.

March 2, 2009 was the day that has changed our lived forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment