Tuesday, March 1

36 hours and counting. . .

In just 36 hours, I will be rolled into the OR and prepped for surgery. The doctors and nurses will move around and do what they need to do. They will take care of my body and make sure that everything is going as planned. Should something go wrong, they will fix it. They will insert tubes and connect wires to my body. It will be just another day at work. . .

In just 36 hours, I will forever commit to lose a part of my body. A part that has housed 3 precious and beautiful lives. A part that I have a love/hate relationship with. A part that I have come to realize does not define me as a woman nor a mother. It will not be just like any other day for me. . .

Tonight, I will go to bed and tomorrow when I wake up, it will be my baby's second birthday. Two years since all of this began. . .

1 comment:

  1. Mary Pauline,
    I just noticed that you started following my blog, Simple Messy Fun and wanted to stop by your blog. I wanted you to know that I will be praying for you and your family, that all goes well with your surgery and that there will be no complications or extended hospital time so you can get back home and love on your little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete