Sunday, April 3

One Month Out. . .

Today is the one month anniversary of my surgery, and I have experienced every emotion from excitement to mourning during this time. . . It has been hard and it has been easy. It has been emotionally and physically challenging. It has given my husband I a deeper appreciation and love for the other. . . He has pampered me and loved me every step of the way, taking over household duties and the child rearing without me even having to ask. . .

As I sit here and contemplate what all has occurred in the past month, I am amazed. Amazed at how my body has handled challenges and struggles. Amazed with the bond it has created between myself and my husband and family. The bond between myself and other hysterectomy friends. The bond between myself and struggling in/fertility friends. . .

In the midst of my personal storm, I am seeing God's hand! Somedays I have to look very hard through the tears and sadness and offer it all up to Him. For Him to show me the way and how I can turn this experience into something positive. . .

So, while this month has held many challenges, when I look back, I would not change a thing. . . Those challenges have helped shape who I am as a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend. I look forward to the next stage of life and how He wants me to use all of this to the positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment