Saturday, April 23

Moving Along

Well, things are moving rather fast. I had my MRI yesterday and I have my appointment with my pain management doctor on Monday. . .

I am extremely grateful that there is very little downtime between appointments as I need to see progress. My body is tired from all of these bad days. . . From all of the craziness of the past two years. . .From all of the ups and downs. . .

Last Monday when my doctor mentioned a possible trip to the OR, I fell apart. That would make trip #8 in 25 months. . . I was so pleased when it was not mentioned on Wednesday because if it came down to that again, I am not sure that I could agree to another surgery. I do not think that I could agree to anything at this point that could potentially cause me anymore downtime or possible setbacks. . .

This journey has got to end. I need to get my life back. I can not keep living in bed or on the couch, in my pajamas, and under my heating pad. My children need their mother. My husband needs his wife. I need my life. . .

When I gave birth to my little one at a mere 33 weeks pregnant, I never thought that I would still be struggling. Yet here we are, 782 days later, and I am still struggling to recover. . .

I pray that on Monday, my new doctor will have some answers. That maybe s/he will be able to come up with a plan to address my pain. That all of this will end. Please join me in this prayer. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment