Saturday, June 25

The Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ

Today's Readings:
Since the surgery, it has been very hard to go to Mass as typically my pain is worse in the morning and night ~ right when Mass is. Tonight, even though I was hurting a lot, I felt like I needed to go regardless. I could not tell you what it was that made me push through the pain, but I am glad that I went. . .

As children can sometimes be, they were full of energy tonight. Before long, we had to leave the main church and head to the 'cry room' in the back. I have never been fond of the cry room as most of the time, parents just let their kiddos run wild in there. . . As it turned out, we were the only ones in there! I got them settled just as the Gospel was being finished and the homily was beginning. The kiddos were a bit worried as they know when we have to leave church, that it means they are in trouble. Perfect timing for them to be quiet as I was moved beyond words by the homily. . .

Fr. Than, our Pastor, focused on suffering and pain! He spoke about redemptive suffering, that we as Catholics believe in. He spoke about the graces that can be obtained through offering this up. He spoke on and on and about how God will challenge us with these obstacles. Fr. Than told a very moving story about a father, his son, and the son's friend. By the end of the homily, I was in tears. . .

After the final blessing, as we were packing up our books, we saw Mr. Richard, the seminarian. This was my first time to see him since my surgery and already feeling emotional from the readings and homily, I began to cry. He said a few things and gave me a great hug that was comparable to what your dad would give you when you are little. He prayed with me for a quick second, but that quick prayer brought me peace and comfort. . .

As we were leaving Mass, we had the opportunity to see Fr. Than and Fr. Sal, our associate Pastor. Once again, I was moved to tears by just being in their presence. I told Fr. Than thank you for such a beautiful homily and just how much it touched me. Fr. Sal, who became a priest after his wife passed away, gave me a big squeeze, that was just as good as my Grampy's were. . .

I am so glad that I followed my heart and listened. I am glad that I pushed past the pain. I am even glad that the kiddos acted up so that we moved to the cry room, for if we had not, I would have been focusing more on keeping them quiet and behaving instead of listening. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment