Thursday, June 30

From the Mouth of Babes. . .

Today we ran an errand to the store for some groceries. One item on the list was diapers. . . We buy store brand, and there was 1 box in the very back. Because of the nerve pain, I am unable to bend, or get into a position that would allow me easy access. So, my 6 year old, seeing that mommy was having trouble, crawled to the back to get the diapers. When he came out, he put his hand on my tummy and told me that he will always be help me until my tummy feels better and then he kissed right where his hand was. Immediately my eyes filled with tears. . .


I love how observant he was to my needs, but I absolutely hate that they realize this. I wish that I could hide it from them, but I do not know how. I wish that I could hide the pain on my face. I wish that they did not know exactly where my heating pad is and how to work it or where the frozen peas are and where I need them on my belly. I wish so much, but this is our reality and I must make the most out of it. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment