Tuesday, February 8

Thank you for the gift of life!

As I prepare for the upcoming surgery, I want to thank my body for all that it has done. . .

For as long as I can remember, I have only wanted to be a wife and a mother. Both of those dreams have come true, but the last one could not have occurred without the gift of my femininity. After my precious baby was born 23 months ago, I was told that my womb should never be used to house another life. Those that know me, know about those struggles. This was a hard reality as I had always wanted a houseful of children. . . In fact, when asked how many children I wanted, my response was always "as many as God will give me." Never did I think that would be ONLY 3. . . But, I still had my womb should things one day change. . .

Now with the surgery in sight, those dreams are forever changed. My body will never grow another life. I will never feel a little one under my ribs kick me as s/he tries to squirm again. I will never again have the opportunity to hold my baby shortly after they are born from my womb. . .A part of me is dieing. . . This is my reality and I must accept it and move on. . .

Before that happens though, I need to tell my womb thank you. Thank you for helping me to realize my dreams of becoming a mother. Thank you for guiding me through 3 full pregnancies. Thank you for all of the pain and headaches you have caused. Thank you for everything. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment