Thursday, February 10

21 Days

In just 21 days, things will change. A part of me will be forever gone. Will I feel an emptiness inside or will it feel like nothing has happened? Will I still feel like a woman? How will I feel about my womb being discarded, just thrown away? Afterall, it is part of me. It cocooned three precious lives for a total of 105 weeks. My womb has grown with me. Together we have triumphed over hardships. . .

God set out this path for me and I must embrace it. This is His will and I need not question that. I need to praise Him and thank Him for giving me all the blessings that He has granted. I need to accept His will. . .

I also need to realize I will be a woman regardless of what I have or do not have. A uterus does not make a woman a woman. Yes, I will be missing a part, but I will still be the wife, mother, daughter, sister aunt that I am today. My head knows this, but my heart struggles greatly. . .

1 comment:

  1. Mary,

    Jennifer Little sent me the link to your blog. What a sincere and heartfelt post! You are right that a uterus does not make you a woman! You are exactly who God created you to be...right this very moment! You are whole and complete in Christ. I don't know why our journeys sometimes take these twists and turns. But I do know that he will ALWAYS turn what seems to be a "not so good thing" and make into something beautiful! Thank you for being willing to share your journey with others.

    ReplyDelete