Tuesday, September 27

SO. . .

We, well I guess this should be I, have heard yet again, from yet another doctor the exact same thing. I truly thought that, with the hysterectomy, that my days of second, third, fourth, and so on opinions were over. Hopefully they are now as the diagnosis of illioinguinal neuralgia and, possibly genitofemoral neuralgia is what I am still given, much like I was always told a hyst was the only way. . .

He was not a 'pill pusher' or appeared to be a doc that would be shut down by the FDA like this local clinic. Always a HUGE relief when you hear that this is a 'pain clinic.' I feel confident in his knowledge and LOVE his nurse practitioner - she is a very holistic lady and not only saw me as a patient, but one that is also struggling. She helped me greatly and acknowledged my pain. She in a way, understood like not many others can. Together, they all make a great team. . .

After a physical exam and history by both he and his nurse practitioner, we spoke about what the diagnosis is and what it means in terms of living. While I still push myself to extremes, I would like to do so without hurting greatly. After speaking openly and honestly, we were given options. Some were the same as last time, others not so much. They included: *Nerve Blocks; *Radiofrequency Ablation/Cryoablation; *Spinal Cord Stimulators; *Lyrica

After speaking openly and honestly, we decided to go with the least invasive - the Lyrica. I will start the med tonight and pray that it goes well. I return in 2 weeks to see how it is going, if the med is working, etc etc. I feel hopeful and renewed. He was completely different from the doctor here at UF/Shands and so was his clinic.

So, I guess that time will tell! I am VERY optimistic that this IS the answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment