Saturday, October 8

Say it ain't so. . .

I am full of fear right now. Full of anxiety. Full of questions. . .

About 2 days ago, I noticed that I was retaining fluid in my ankles, having some crazy headaches, and my vision was becoming quite blurry. I kind of buried it in the recesses of my mind as there were far more important things happening. Then last night, I noticed that my ankles had turned into 'kankles,' the vision was quite bad, and the headache was very present. I e-mailed a pharmacist friend and she advised to call my doc as it could potentially be a reaction to the Lyrica. When I read her response, my heart sank. I excused myself to the bedroom where I just sobbed. . .

When I began the Lyrica on September 28, I also began a Novena to St. Gianna Beretta Molla. I asked her to intercede on my behalf. To make this medicine the one that I needed. Last Sunday, October 2, when the pain level intensified greatly, I began one to the Blessed Mother. I needed this medicine to work. It had to work. . .

Last night, I decided to not call the doctor and when I woke, I had ankles again! Although they were still a bit fluffy, there were there! Within a few hours, they had disappeared again. This time, I went up the road to my pharmacy and spoke with the pharmacist face to face. He asked questions and looked on the computer and then told me that I needed to all the doctor today. When we came home I did. . .

Now, I sit and wait for the return phone call with the tears running off of my cheeks. Incredibly fearful of what might be said or done. I am praying that this is okay and that I can continue on the medicine. That this is just no big deal. But, the fear has taken hold and I am scared as this medicine HAS to work. . .

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

UPDATE:

 I just got off of the phone with the doc and we are going to decrease the Lyrica to once a day. He said that this is a rare complication of the med and so decreasing the dose or tapering off will help. I see him on Tuesday as a follow up to the pain increase from last week and we will come up with a plan then. My emotions right now are all over the place. I wanted and needed this to work, but it looks like my body just will not tolerate it. So, we wait and see. . .

My novena to the Blessed Mother ends on Tuesday, so maybe this is a good sign. . . At least I pray it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment